Harrison Law Offices has over 26 years of experience representing employees and unionized workers in matters relating to their employment in both private business and in government employment. 90% of Harrison Law Offices’ clients are employees who need help with employment issues.
Whether you just need some advice, or a strategy, or a soundboard, or whether you need an advocate to help you facilitate a strategy, prepare a paper trail, request an accommodation, report an incident, injury, misconduct, or a crime, Harrison Law Offices is able to assist you. Or if you need help to review or draft documents, or correspondence, or to make a complaint, draft a resignation, or craft a settlement demand, Harrison Law Offices can help. And if you need an aggressive attorney to represent you in a claim before a State or Federal administrative agency, or a lawsuit in State or Federal Court, or in an appeal of a final administrative decision, or a judgment or verdict of a trial court, Harrison Law Offices has the experience and resources to assist you. Harrison Law Offices can provide you with as little or as much legal assistance as the facts of your situation require.
Some frequent employment issues for employees include:
- Failure to Hire; Discriminatory Employee Selection Criterion
- Legal Rights of At-Will Employees
- Employment Contracts, Duties, and Obligations
- Collective Bargaining Agreements – hours, wages, terms and conditions of employment
- Union Grievances and Unfair Labor Practices
- Unlawful Discrimination, Retaliation and Charges of Discrimination
- Occupational and Workplace Safety; Workplace Injuries; Workers Compensation
- Privacy at and away from the Workplace
- Workplace Violence
- Sexual Harassment
- Bullying; Cyber-Bullying
- False Light, Slander and other Defamation
- Hours, Wages, Overtime, Employment Classification
- Professional License-Holder Defense
- Policy, Handbook, and Procedure Compliance
- Reporting/Defending Misconduct and/or Criminal Allegations
- Discipline and Discharge
- Unemployment Compensation
- Non-Compete, Non-Solicitation, and Confidentiality Agreements, and other Post-Employment Restrictive Covenants
- Personnel Files; Employment Records; Employment References
- Wrongful/Retaliatory Discharge
- Insurance and Benefits
- Disability; Pensions; Retirement
Harrison Law Offices has substantial experience representing public employees (i.e. State, County, and Municipal police officers, fire fighters, teachers, and other governmental workers) in employment law cases. Harrison Law Offices is also a contracted legal services provider for the Professional Law Enforcement Association (PLEA) which defends police officers from criminal charges, civil lawsuits, and administrative disciplinary cases.
If you’re an employee faced with an employment problem, contact Harrison Law Offices to schedule a confidential consultation to discuss your situation, your rights, your remedies, and your options. Consultations start at $50.00.