For 28 years, Harrison Law Offices has advised and represented employers in private business and government concerning issues relating to the employment relationship.
Whether the topic is employee selection criterion, employment contracts, employee classification and evaluation processes, EEO obligations, workplace violence, discipline and discharge, insurance, pensions, disability, retirement, unemployment, or employee benefits, Harrison Law Offices has the knowledge and experience to provide sound legal solutions to complex employment issues.
Harrison Law Offices also offers a full line of work rules and employment policies for business clients to customize their own employee handbooks and policy manuals tailored to their own specific business needs. Having established written policies promotes consistency in the management of a business and in the assessment and treatment of employees, contractors, vendors, applicants, and others.
Harrison Law Offices represents employers in a variety of litigation and non-litigation employment-related matters. Some examples include:
- Charges of Discrimination filed with the EEOC and/or the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR)
- Wage, Overtime, Prevailing Wage, Commission Sales, and Final Pay Claims
- Employee classification disputes under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the Prevailing Wage Act
- Unemployment Compensation cases before the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES)
- Professional License Defense cases before the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Responsibility (IDFPR)
- Occupational Safety/Indoor Clean Air complaints before the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Employee performance deficiencies, misconduct, discipline, and discharge
- Creation of employee handbooks and policy manuals
- Employee breach of contract and breach of the duty of loyalty
- Workplace Violence
- Non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Severance, waivers, and releases
- Hiring strategies
- Compliance issues involving State and Federal administrative and/or regulatory agencies
- Employee benefits
- Pensions and Retirement
Whether you are the owner of a business, an independent contractor, or an owner-employee, Harrison Law Offices can answer your legal questions and to assist you in legal issues relating to employment.
Services include confidential consultations, employment strategies, legal research, formal legal opinions, records acquisition, correspondence, investigation, mediation, negotiation, settlement, proceedings before state and federal administrative and regulatory agencies, state and federal trial court litigation and appeals.