Harrison Law Offices was founded in 1991 by attorney James T. “Jim” Harrison and was the first law firm in McHenry County to concentrate in Employment Law.
Jim Harrison’s Experience:
- Jim Harrison is the principle attorney for Harrison Law Offices. Jim is a veteran trial attorney with a wealth of experience and a substantial skill-set forged over a 25-year legal career.
- Jim has tried hundreds of cases including, employment, labor, criminal, and civil rights cases in State and Federal Courts and Administrative Agencies. Jim has represented clients in dozens of appeals in the State and Federal Appellate and Supreme Courts, and has twice argued before the Illinois Supreme Court. Most importantly, Jim has settled thousands of cases for his clients.
- In addition to his private practice, from 1992 through 2004, Jim Harrison was appointed as a Special Assistant State’s Attorney for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office, and represented the McHenry County Elected Officials, McHenry County Appointed Department Heads, and other administrative and management personnel in more than 440 Employment, Labor, and Civil Rights litigation and non-litigation cases.
- For 15 years, from 2001-2016, Jim Harrison was also an Adjunct Professor of Law at the John Marshall Law School teaching courses on Employment Law, Employment Discrimination Law, and Constitutional Civil Rights.
- Juris Doctor Degree – Law – John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Business Administration/Finance – Rockford College, Rockford, IL
- Associate of Science Degree – Business – McHenry County College, Crystal Lake, IL
- Illinois Circuit Courts
- Illinois Appellate Courts
- Illinois Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (General Bar)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- 1991-Present Founding Attorney – Harrison Law Offices, P.C.
- 2001-2016 Adjunct Professor of Law – John Marshall Law School
- 1992-2004 Special Assistant State’s Attorney – McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office
- 1990-1991 Legal Assistant/Staff Attorney – Illinois Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council
- 1989-1990 Private Detective – Matlin & Associates, Inc.
- 1981-1989 Deputy Sheriff – McHenry County Sheriff’s Police